My good pal Ranger the Scottie informed me the other day that Sunday, August 18 is Bad Poetry Day. He asked me if I was going to do anything for Bad Poetry Day so...
After some careful thought and a conversation with another good pal (and fellow poet) Ku from Haiku by Ku, we decided that we would like to celebrate Bad Poetry Day by Co-Hosting and Co-Judging a Bad Poetry Day Contest.
Everyone is invited to join in the fun!
Starting on Friday, August 16 everyone is encouraged to let their inner bard out! We want you to write the worst poem you possibly can. There are so many styles of poetry to choose from and your poem can be of any style (ex. limerick, haiku, tanka, ode, ballad, etc.).
You don't know the different styles of poetry?!?
No problem. Ku will be posting a little information about several different styles of poetry to help you out. He will be posting on Monday, August 12 so be sure to visit his blog to learn more.
The Contest will be in Blog Hop form and the Hop will remain open from Friday, August 16 through Sunday August 18 (midnight EST). You have a whole weekend to come up with a poem!
1. Post your bad (terrible, horrible) poem on your blog between Friday, August 16 and Sunday, August 18.
2. Grab The Bad Poetry Day badge to put in your post or on your sidebar.
2. Enter their blog post into the Blog Hop Linky that will be hosted on both Oz's and Ku's blogs.
3. Visit all the entries in the Blog Hop to show your support for everyone's terribly written poem.
1. Visit either blog (Ku or Oz) and leave your bad poem in the comments section.
2. Visit all the entries in the Blog Hop to show your support for everyone's terribly written poem.
Though Ku and I may post poems that day, they will NOT be entered into the contest (as if Ku and I could write a BAD poem - BOL).
Once the Blog Hop Contest closes on Sunday evening, Ku and I will judge the entries and determine the winners. Announcements will be made on Tuesday, August 20 on both our blogs.
There will be prizes for some of the worst poems!
Primal Pet Foods has agreed to sponsor two prize categories - Worst Poem Written by a Dog and Worst Poem Written by a Cat - with a selection of their premium Dry Roasted Treats. Thank You, Primal Pet Foods!
There also will be Honorable Mention categories for other species. (We would love to be able to offer prizes for other categories, including Worst Poem by a Human, so if anyone is interested in sponsoring, please contact Oz via email HERE.)
Are you ready?!?
Get out your thesaurus...start practicing your rhyme skills...and be ready for The Bad Poetry Day Contest starting next Friday!!!